Thursday 3 May 2012

Positive Affirmations

Think Positive
Saying 'If I can....' or 'I might....' or 'I wish  could....' or when I go off track and I will as I am human, saying 'That's it I have blown diet' will only enforce negative feelings.

So a change of wording is needed. 'I can...' or 'I will....' or 'I am going to....' enforces positive feelings.
So I ate too much and had a fat laden dessert and really enjoyed it, does that really destroy all I have achieved? No of course not all it means is I strayed from my plan. So the next day I get back to eating and exercising as before.
When an athlete falls does that mean all they achieved before the fall is lost? are all their medals now null and void? of course not, they get back up and start the process of getting back in shape after the  fall. So if what they have done is not lost why should straying from my eating and exercise plan be thrown away!

How can I keep a positive frame of mind each day? Daily Affirmations help.
Here is my list:


I eat healthy foods because I want to

Fruit is a good sweet treat

Fried food is not good for me

My clothes fit better every day

Smaller portions do fill me

What I eat becomes a part of me

Eating slowly is OK.

I can see the rewards of exercising

Look how far I have come don't give up

Think before I chose what I eat

I Love my body

Like a stamp I stick to one thing until I reach my goal


For each Affirmation I want to make a card so I can draw out a card each day and repeat the affirmation and place where I can see it. That way I can keep a positive idea firmly planted in my mind each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment