Wednesday 2 May 2012

Why I am doing this

After years of dieting losing weight and gaining it back again I am ready for a new approach.
No more diets, calorie or points counting, no weird celebrity diets, no cutting out foods that we need to be healthy or having foods types on set days. I have done the lot and lost weight only to gain it back with extra pounds added.
Why? The diets have not taught me to change my eating habits for life.

My plan is simple, Eat less, Move more.
How will I do this?
Use a smaller plate and follow the divided plate plan. So 1/4 is for Protein 1/4 for Carbs and 1/2 for vegetables. Combination meals like shepherds pie, pasta bakes or stews I go with half  the main dish then half vegetables.
Breakfast is cereal or toast for me, lunch is salad, soup or Ryvita with low fat cheese, wafer thin meats or something like that. Snacks is usually fruit.
Water is drunk along with fruit teas or De-caf black coffee.

Exercise
Walking is easy cheap and I love it the only problem is I have a problem with my back that causes mobility problems, so I do other things as well.
Chair Exercise is great and as I am sat down causes less stress on my back but still gives me a good workout. See my links for some fun Chair exercises. Don't be put off by Senior chair exercise they are good for all ages.



No comments:

Post a Comment